Sunday, [9:07] AM
Remember a couple months ago when I gave you the REAL secret behind The Secret?
Well, guess what showed up on my doorstep this past Friday just in time for my birthday.
I’ll give you a hint…
Yes, I’m still in my PJ’s. FedEx arrived pretty early… [11:00]AM. 😉
Here I am excitedly pulling it out of the box…
Look at this beauty! Even Chiqui Rikki is impressed.
She’s finally mine! (Donner’s not so thrilled his post-breakfast nap has been interrupted.)
Here are the steps I took to manifest this guitar in just a couple months or so:
1. I put pictures of it on my computer so I would see them every day. I also put pictures up near my bed so I would see them every night before going to sleep.
2. I read everything I could about that guitar and talked to people who had one or had played one.
3. I would have actually gone and played one if there was a dealer near me… but the closest dealer was in New Jersey. Instead, I called him on the phone to ask him questions about the Eastman AR803CE-16 Archtop jazz guitar.
4. I also had eBay search for an Eastman AR803CE-16 Archtop jazz guitar every single day. (There weren’t any for MONTHS.)
5. Every time I played one of my other guitars, I imagined what it would feel like to be playing my Eastman. I even imagined what it would sound like. (BTW, it feels and sounds even better than I imagined.)
I did all those steps faithfully every day and a couple days ago, as if by magic, FedEx delivered the EXACT Eastman AR803CE-16 Archtop jazz guitar I’ve been visualizing.
Pretty cool, huh?
The same process of manifesting what you want should work just as well for you if you follow those steps.
Oh yeah, one more thing…
I did add a couple of my own little tweaks to The Secret. Frankly, I don’t know if they really helped that much… but I guess I should list them for you just in case they may have helped the process a tiny little bit.
So here are…
Doberman Dan’s Little Tweaks To The Secret!
1. I spent 16 long years studying direct response marketing and copywriting… and learning by DOING…
2. I’ve made personal sacrifices and sacrifices of time and money 99% of “normal” people can never even begin to imagine or understand…
3. I’ve spent untold hours (even going DAYS without sleep) working on projects while still holding down a full time+ job as a cop, working crazy hours and still going to court for hours almost every morning…
4. I’ve invested HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of dollars in myself, learning the skills of mail order, internet marketing, direct mail, space ads, copywriting… and all other aspects of running a direct response business…
5. I’ve rolled the dice and taken BIG risks (at times spending money I didn’t have) on projects I just knew would be home runs. (99% of them were NOT)…
6. I’ve lost everything and had to start all over again with nothing but a yellow notepad, a pen and my brain… 4 different times…
7. My entrepreneurial ambitions have cost me two marriages… and the loss of six-figures for EACH of those marriages…
8. I gave up ALL of my material possessions and moved to a foreign country I had never even visited just to get Gary Halbert’s attention… with nothing but the hope of possibly mentoring with him…
And I also added these steps specifically to manifest the Eastman guitar…
9. I determined how much money it would cost to buy the guitar. (I’m too much of a cheapskate to just take the money out of savings or my regular income.)
10. I decided to start one of my famous “kitchen table” businesses specifically for the purpose of generating the income needed to buy this guitar.
11. I started 3 projects. Two of them bombed. One paid for my Eastman.
Of the two that bombed, one was a joint venture that I had invested about 30 hours. My JV partner invested about 4 weeks of his life. In addition to his time, he also lost about $3,000. I only lost a measly $400 or so.
The other project of mine that bombed cost me two MONTHS of my life… in the midst of gut-wrenching emotional crises and almost constant crippling pain that made it extremely difficult to focus or work for more than 15 minutes at a time. Out of necessity, much of my planning and writing for this project was done flat on my back.
I also lost about $4,000 in this project, NOT including the income I lost from my other projects by taking time away from them. The emotional struggles and sacrifices made for this project was what made it hurt so bad when it bombed.
The 3rd project is what I would call a “base hit.” It’s not making a fortune but it’s generating a nice little chunk of change so far. In total, putting this one together on and off has been about a 7-month process. My actual hard costs have been approximately $3,500.
So you see…
Using The Secret to manifest
what you want really IS easy! 😉
Now you go on your merry little Law of Attraction way and start manifesting everything your little heart desires.
And… if you’ve got the guts for it… why don’t you try my little “tweaks”?
You’ll not only get the material things you want… you’ll also accumulate something up in your noggin worth more than all the gold that used to be in Fort Knox.
And that can NEVER be taken from you.
But even if all your money and material possessions are taken from you, you can start all over again and get it all back… even faster than before.
IF you’ve got the guts to invest in yourself and endure the disappointments, setbacks and losses that come with being a “Kitchen Table Entrepreneur.”
And you’ll experience those disappointments, setbacks and losses even if you just want to make a lousy few thousand bucks to buy a guitar.
Cuz the reality is… in spite of what your schools, politicians and (in some unfortunate cases) your own parents tell you…
There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch!
Somebody ALWAYS has to pay.
So pay the price… and enjoy all the self respect, personal growth and material benefits that go to the guy or gal actually in the arena…
“…whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming…
…but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause;
…who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”
P.S. If you’re one of MY kind of people and you understand there ain’t no such thing as a free lunch… and if there was, it wouldn’t be fit to eat… AND you actually want to hear the TRUTH about what it takes to be successful… you might want to see my original post entitled, The Real Secret Behind “The Secret.”
If you’ve got the balls to face the truth head on (very few do), I also encourage you to subscribe and stick around. I may one of the few guys in your life honest enough to cut through the B.S. and tell you the real truth about success.
But if you’re one of those losers who still believes in “something for nothing”… and are willing to risk the jail time, your solution awaits you here.
P.P.S. By popular request, I recorded a little snippet of my new guitar. Please forgive the slop. It’s been really cold here and I recorded this in the morning after taking the dogs outside. My hands were still cold and stiff.
For any gear heads, this was recorded in Logic using the Native Instruments Guitar Rig plug-in called “Jazz Reverb.” It’s a model based on the Fender Twin with a little bit of studio reverb added.